WATCH POLISHING IN NEW YORK
Our reputation for polishing luxury watches to near-factory condition is as impeccable as our work. Every watch sent to us for polishing is personally examined and handled by one of our highly qualified technicians. When you put your luxury watch to use, wearing it every day – or even just for special occasions – it doesn’t take long before it begins showing signs of wear, including scratches and a dulling finish. If you want to experience your timepiece restored to its maximum shine, call or write us today.
Dexterity + Specialized Instruments = Perfection
A thorough polishing operation by our master watchmakers and technicians will respect your timepiece’s original shape and proportions. This can only be done by an experienced polisher with incredible dexterity and the right tools.
A professional polish can make your luxury watch look as good as new by removing scratches, dents and other signs of wear. Our technicians have logged countless hours performing high-end polishing on luxury timepieces, and it is only through this experience can they rightly restore the initial beauty you saw in your watch when you purchased it.
Discover why we’re the trusted name in timepiece polishing and restoration. Call or write today.
- The technician detaches the bracelet from the case carefully separating the bezel, crystal, movement and gaskets.
- Using highly specialized instruments and pastes, every element is delicately refinished to its near factory condition.
- The case, bezel and bracelet are then ultrasonically submerged in an ultrasonic cleaner filled with a cleaning solvent. The high frequency sound waves agitate any dirt or grease, thus removing 99.9% of all unwanted matter.
- As the technician meticulously reassembles your watch, the crystal and case back gaskets are replaced to ensure that the watch has a proper seal and is water resistant.
- Lastly, the technician verifies your watch’s water resistance by using the most advanced equipment available, including an electronic dry chamber leakage detector.
The art of restoring and polishing fine watches is a rare and delicate practice, and it should only be carried out by knowledgeable and well-trained master watchmakers. At Manhattan Time Service, our small team of experts uses the most up-to-date techniques and equipment available in the industry, and each member of the team receives continuous training in order to improve the level of service we can offer our customers.
The polishing of your timepiece requires our specialist to use highly specific tools, and depending on the depth or severity of the scratches and imperfections on your timepiece, a small layer of material may have to be removed from your watch.