Girard Perregaux Watch Repair | Manhattan Time Service® Watchmakers
Widely considered as one of the most famous watch brands in the world, Girard-Perregaux watches are highly recognizable and worn by some of the most famous celebrities and artists on Earth. Care and servicing of your Girard-Perregaux timepiece should be performed only by an extensively trained and properly equipped watch repair technician; this is the level of skill and type of service you find at Manhattan Time Service in NYC. The quality of our watch repair services is perfectly paralleled by our extensive knowledge and passion for watchmaking as an art and science.
Manhattan Time Service offers the following maintenance and repair services for Girard-Perregaux timepieces:
- Replacement of exterior components including broken or shattered crystal, missing setting crown and exchange of genuine watch bands.
- Basic service including ultrasound cleaning and water pressure testing.
- Overhaul and replacement of faulty mechanism components.
- Exterior cosmetic work consisting of precision buffing and polishing procedures.
(If your Girard-Perregaux timepiece requires repair or maintenance services not listed here, please do not hesitate to contact us prior to sending your watch to our facility.)
Watch Repair Recommendations for Girard-Perregaux Watches
The intricate components of your Girard-Perregaux watch require precision maintenance services every two years, depending on frequency of wear and storage environment. Regular maintenance visits to Manhattan Time Service ensure continued optimal function and external aesthetics. To prevent thickening of the lubricants within your watch’s movement, avoid leaving your Girard-Perregaux watch immobile for any extended period of time. This is particularly important in watches with mechanical movements with automatic winding. This type of watch should be worn for a minimum of 14 hours every day to preserve accuracy.
Girard-Perregaux Services Offered at Manhattan Time Service:
- Complete Service / Movement Overhaul
- Replacement of any faulty watch parts
- Analyze whether the watch parts function correctly, and check for rust or wear
- Assemble and lubricate the movement in accordance with the technical documentation
- Movement accuracy check and calibration if necessary
- Demagnetization of the mechanism
- Glass replacement
- Hands replacement
- Gaskets and seal replacement
- Stem and crown replacement
- Dial replacement or restoration
- Ultrasound cleaning of the case and bracelet
- Watchbands or Strap replacement
- Exterior Cosmetics including Buffing, Polishing and Restoration
- Pressure testing to factory specifications
Girard-Perregaux Models Repaired & Maintained at Manhattan Time Service
Tri-Axial Tourbillon, Neo-Tourbillon with Three Bridges, Constant Escapement L.M., Cat’s Eye Anniversary, Cat’s Eye Bloom, Traveller, Haute Joaillerie, Cat’s Eye Tourbillon with Gold Bridge, Haute Horlogerie, Sea Hawk (including Mission of Mermaids), Chrono Hawk (including Hollywoodland and Steel), Vintage 1945, Girard-Perregaux 1966 (including Dual Time, Full Calendar, 41 mm, 38 mm, Annual Calendar & Equation of Time, and Small Seconds & Date), Vintage 1945 Lady.
Girard-Perregaux Watches: The Story Behind the Brand
Orphaned as a very young child, Jean-Francois Bautte found fulfillment in learning as much as he could about watch assembly, goldsmithing, and more; in fact, he signed his very first watches in 1791 at the age of 19. His talent, professionalism, ingenuity, and skill earned him the attention of all of the most famous European courts of the time, resulting in world renown in a relatively short period of time. In 1837, Jacques Bautte and Jean-Samuel Rossel took over the business that Jean-Francois Bautte had cultivated throughout his lifetime. Their continuing work was rewarded in innumerable international horological exhibitions.
In 1906, Constant Girard (a watchmaking visionary with years of experience and an excellent grasp for business) took over the famous Bautte firm and merged it with his own, creating what we know today as the Girard-Perregaux brand.
If you are looking for Girard-Perregaux watch repair in NYC from experienced technicians you know you can trust, contact us at Manhattan Time Service to schedule your watch’s repair or maintenance visit. Our state-of-the-art facility proudly serves the watch repair needs of Girard-Perregaux owners from New York City as well as throughout North America. We genuinely look forward to showing you what a difference our skill, experience, technology, and focus on quality can make for you.