A. Lange & Söhne Watch Repair NYC | Manhattan Time Service ®
As one of the most highly regarded and revered luxury watch manufacturers in the world, A. Lange & Söhne produces an extensive array of stunning timepieces crafted from the most exceptional materials available today. As the leading watch repair service provider in New York City, Manhattan Time Service is proud to offer an all-encompassing range of A. Lange & Söhne repair and maintenance services to discerning watch owners in NYC and the surrounding areas.
At Manhattan Time Service, our team of experts performs the following repair and maintenance services on all A. Lange & Söhne watches:
- Replacement of exterior components including broken or shattered crystal, missing winding crown and exchange of genuine watch bands.
- Recommended every 2 years basic service water pressure testing.
- Overhaul and replacement of faulty mechanism components.
- Exterior cosmetic work consisting of precision buffing and polishing procedures.
Recommendations for A. Lange & Söhne Watch Maintenance
Every A. Lange & Söhne watch contains up to 1,100 individual parts, many of which move constantly as they interact, hour after hour. These intricate components, particularly those contained within the movement, compile distances of up to 4,300 miles in a single year. Routine servicing ensures continued, flawless performance for a lifetime. At Manhattan Time Service, we recommend that you service your watch at our state-of-the-art facility approximately once every three to four years, depending on how often the watch is actually worn, its age, and the circumstances of its storage.
A. Lange & Söhne Watch Services We Offer:
- Battery Change
- Complete Service / Movement Overhaul
- Replacement of any faulty watch parts
- Analyze whether the watch parts function correctly, and check for rust or wear
- Assemble and lubricate the movement in accordance with the technical documentation
- Movement accuracy check and calibration if necessary
- Demagnetization of the mechanism
- Glass replacement
- Hands replacement
- Gaskets and seal replacement
- Stem and crown replacement
- Dial replacement or restoration
- Ultrasound cleaning of the case and bracelet
- Watchbands or Strap replacement
- Exterior Cosmetics including Buffing, Polishing and Restoration
- Pressure testing to factory specifications
A. Lange & Söhne Models Serviced at Manhattan Time Service
Lange 1 Daymatic, Lange 1 Time Zone, Lange 1, Lange 1 Moon Phase, Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar, Lange 1 Tourbillon Perpetual Calendar Handwerkskunst, Grand Lange 1, Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase, Grand Lange 1 “Lumen”, Saxonia, Saxonia Automatic, Saxonia Automatic Outsize Date, Saxonia Thin, Saxonia Dual Time, Saxonia Annual Calendar, Langematik Perpetual, 1815, 1815 Chronograph, 1815 Up/Down, 1815 Rattrapante Perpetual Calendar, 1815 Tourbillon, Richard Lange, Richard Lange “Pour le Mérite”, Richard Lange Tourbillon “Pour le Mérite”, Richard Lange Tourbillon “Pour le Mérite” Handwerkskunst, Richard Lange Perpetual Calendar “Terraluna”, Zeitwerk, Zeitwerk Striking Time, Zeitwerk Handwerkskunst
Historical Background for the A. Lange & Söhne Brand
A. Lange & Söhne was created by Ferdinand Adolph Lange in 1845 near Dresden, Saxony, a veritable hub of art and technology for centuries. When he was only 15 years old, Lange became an apprentice to a widely respected master clockmaker named Johann Christian Friedrich Gutkaes. While he attended the Technische Bildungsanstalt (a renowned technical university in Dresden), Lange learned quickly at his master’s side and even aided in the design and construction of the famous Semper Opera House’s Five-Minute Clock.
He went on to study with some of the greatest Parisian master clockmakers as he honed the skills, dexterity, and vision for which his brand would soon be known throughout the world. In 1868, Lange’s son Richard joined the business and, in 1871, his other son Emil became a partner as well. Following their father’s death in 1875, the two brothers continued to develop the manufactory, now and forever named A. Lange & Söhne.
Your A. Lange & Söhne timepiece is a masterful work of art and technology, handcrafted to the highest standards of precision and excellence. Trust the experienced, expertly trained horologists at Manhattan Time Service to provide your A. Lange & Söhne watch with the repair and maintenance it needs and deserves. Contact us today to discover the difference our commitment to superior watch repair can truly make, and to schedule your A. Lange & Söhne watch service visit.